Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)
Hyrule Field Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Mario Game?

+12
PassmasterDX
Link64
Ezlo
Black☆Star
rahna
T-kun
Akkiden Mikuo
ShadowCrow
Doodlestar
FierceDeityLink!
King Dodongo
Nova
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Mario Game?

Post by Akkiden Mikuo Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:13 am

I know a cheat for New super Mario Bros for DS...anyone interested?
Akkiden Mikuo
Akkiden Mikuo
Mercenary
Mercenary

Rupees (₨) 699761
Heart Pieces 22
Date of Birth : 1996-04-30
Date of Entry : 2010-08-18
Residence : In a box, like a boss.

Character
Character Name: Silver Revlis
Health Health:
Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 K48fh363670/63670Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Mjv0r8  (63670/63670)
Race: Human Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezlo Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:31 am

I took the "1-Life to Lose" challenge through the first world of Super Mario Bros. (the original) yesterday in honor of his 25th anniversary. (Yes, I did make it up.) You have one life. You're not allowed to stop moving, and you're not allowed any power-ups.
Ezlo
Ezlo
News Poster
News Poster

Rupees (₨) 778992
Heart Pieces 70
Date of Birth : 1995-11-10
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Heijarchen Hall

Character
Character Name: Ezlo Law
Health Health:
Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 K48fh3100/100Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Mjv0r8  (100/100)
Race: Minish

http://redvsblue.com/ezlo_126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:26 pm

none
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Link64 Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:30 am

Vio-Link. You have no soul.

My buddy coco is a huge Mario fan, and through him I pretty much know as much about Mario as I do Zelda!

But personally, I couldn't pick a fav if I wanted to! There is just to much win in that series!

These are my favorites games. Note how I remove the words Super Mario!

Bros. 1
Bros. 2 (Jap)
Bros. 2 (USA)
Bros. 3
New Bros.
New Bros. Wii
World
World 2 (Leads into the Yoshi games)
Land
Land 2
Land 3 (Leads into the Wario games)
64 (Sort of leads into the Luigi games)
64 (DS)
Sunshine
Galaxy
Galaxy 2
RPG
Paper
Paper: tTyD
Super Paper
M&L: SSS
M&L: PiT
M&L: BiS
Kart
Kart 64
Kart: SS
Kart: DD
Kart Wii
Party 1
Party 2
Party 3
Party 4
Party 5
Party 6
Party 7
Party 8
Party Advance
Party DS
Golf
Golf: TT
Golf: AT
Tennis
Tennis: PT
Power Tennis
Strikers
Strikers Charged
Superstar Baseball
Super Sluggers
Hoops 3on3
Doc
Doc 64
Doc Online

And these are only the ones I can remember! Asking my to pick a fav Mario is like asking me to pick a fav Zelda or Metroid or Ace Attorney or Kingdom Hearts! No matter how you dice it, it can't be done!
Link64
Link64
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Rupees (₨) 800686
Heart Pieces 154
Date of Birth : 1992-05-08
Date of Entry : 2010-08-24
Residence : The Southern Fields of Hyrule

Character
Character Name: Link
Health Health:
Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 K48fh33200/3200Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Mjv0r8  (3200/3200)
Race: Hylian Hylian

Back to top Go down

Post by PassmasterDX Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:46 pm

First Super Mario Galaxy... awesome gameplay.
PassmasterDX
PassmasterDX
Goron
Goron

Rupees (₨) 511820
Heart Pieces 3
Date of Birth : 1996-11-05
Date of Entry : 2010-10-26
Residence : Planet Reach

Character
Character Name: Pass (no not grades or to gain transportation)
Health Health:
Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 K48fh3100/100Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Mjv0r8  (100/100)
Race: Other??? Other???

Back to top Go down

Post by Akkiden Mikuo Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:14 pm

PMDX, that is a great game to play, I love the Toy Time Galaxy.
Akkiden Mikuo
Akkiden Mikuo
Mercenary
Mercenary

Rupees (₨) 699761
Heart Pieces 22
Date of Birth : 1996-04-30
Date of Entry : 2010-08-18
Residence : In a box, like a boss.

Character
Character Name: Silver Revlis
Health Health:
Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 K48fh363670/63670Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Mjv0r8  (63670/63670)

Back to top Go down

Post by MenrowSpirit Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:11 am

There is a special place for the paper mario games in my heart. They're arn't my favorite. But I love the paper effects, I love how more sarcastic Bowser seems to be. I like that Peach doesn't just sit around being all kidnapped like she used too. And I love the hilarious 4th wall breaking and jokes in the game. Not to mention some of the partners are amazing.

Madam Flurry from 1000 year door? Just saying :3

I will have to say Mario Party 1 +3 and Mario double dash are my favorite. I always enjoy games more if I can play them with someone. And that was what me and Pinky used to spend most our time doing.
MenrowSpirit
MenrowSpirit
DragonMaster
DragonMaster

Rupees (₨) 1712020
Heart Pieces 386
Date of Entry : 2011-07-28

Character
Character Name: Menrow Skabn
Health Health:
Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 K48fh3540/1000Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Mjv0r8  (540/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by linkers Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:58 pm

if yoshi story counts, thats my favorite. if not mario cart cause its like mario game i don't suck at
linkers
linkers
Hylian
Hylian

Rupees (₨) 476573
Heart Pieces 4
Date of Entry : 2011-08-12
Residence : Outset island

Character
Character Name: linkers
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MenrowSpirit Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 pm

OMG

I JUST LEARNE SOMETHING HORRIBLE! AFTER WATCHING A CREEPY HORRIBLE VIDEO

So like according to the offical mario bros insturction book

The mushroom people were turned into mear stone and bricks right?

THAT MEANS EVERYTIME U HIT A BRICK IN MARIO AND DESTORY IT U KILL A MUSHROOM PERSON!

MARIO
AND LUIGI ARE CAUSING MASS GENOSCIDE OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE AND EVEN
WORSE, EATING THEIR HEADS IF THEY BREAK OUT OF THE BOXES!
MenrowSpirit
MenrowSpirit
DragonMaster
DragonMaster

Rupees (₨) 1712020
Heart Pieces 386

Character
Health Health:
Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 K48fh3540/1000Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Mjv0r8  (540/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Ohmycelestiahowdidinotseethistopic.

I heard about the Toad-killing thing before. I think Nintendo decided to retcon it. I mean, it makes sense, since Peach, or Toadstool in this case, has her original red hair, Mario's clothes are switched, (Technically they are red and brown, but that's because of color limitations obviously, which hardly makes sense considering the NES has more shades of blue than any other color.) and some other old stuff, not to mention the artwork looks quite different compared to today's Mario artwork. This could just be an early form, but since it seems so different, Super Mario Bros. and all Mario games where Mario wears his original clothes could be a completely different universe.

...That, or its Early Installment Weirdness, like Ganon being Gannon, or the bow shooting Rupees (?) instead of arrows. Oh well.

What I think could prove that, though, was a strange theory about Super Mario Bros. 3. People say that its not a real Mario adventure, but a STAGE PLAY. Think about it. Mario saved the Princess in the first game. By then, it was realistic enough, instead of her being kidnapped every weekend, she had to be saved, and we gamers weren't tired of that. Then comes Super Mario Bros. 2, which was a dream. Due to a strange combination of 'shrooms and flowers, Mario had gone completely insane, started having visions, and imagined himself saving the Princess in multiple different situations. Super Mario Bros. 3 is Mario's way of telling the Mushroom Kingdom population about his adventure.

Well, first off, the plot isn't much different from the first game. Mario probably added some things in in order to make it more interesting. The starting screen features a curtain rising. The blocks and platforms all have bolts in them, as if they're attached to a backdrop, not to mention the shadows behind some block platforms. Other than that, there are hardly any floating platforms, most are held up by rope or bars. At the end of each level, the exit is dark and black instead of colorful, due to the fact that it leads to backstage, where all the props waiting to be painted are waiting to be used in the next level. Plus, Mario has all sorts of costumes as power-ups. They're not power-ups, he's just playing different characters! Thus, the old blue-shirted-red-panted Mario is batcrap insane, and the new red-shirted-blue-panted Mario and all of his redesigned friends are living in a parallel universe.

Enough of my long-winded theories. I've played many a Mario in my years, and I think it's damn near impossible for me to choose a favorite. So, I divided them into categories:

Favorite 2D Mario Platformer: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Go ahead, shoot me, I dare ya. I love this game, it was the very first game I'd ever played. Funny, considering it's supposedly Mario's first adventure.

Favorite 3D Mario Platformer: Super Mario Sunshine. Again, shoot me. Sunshine kicked ass and you know it. I know a lot of people like Super Mario 64, and it is a great game, but it just feels a little bare-bones when playing it today. I dunno if I've been spoiled by modern production values or what have you, but Sunshine will always be THE 3D Mario to me. FLUDD was awesome, it allowed for so many more moves to be performed, and the graffiti mechanic made it more complex than just walking from Point A to Point B to get a Shine, similar to 64. The graphics are bright and colorful. I'm a sucker for tropical atmosphere, it looks really beautiful, even over a decade after its release.

Favorite Console Mario RPG: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I swear to the Star Spirits, this would be my favorite Mario game if the whole series was a roleplayer instead of a platformer. Fantastic writing, memorable characters and locations, tons of gags and fourth wall breakage, what's not to love?

Favorite Handheld Mario RPG: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. Just as humorous as TYD, and arguably even more memorable. It's not as much as a favorite as TYD, however, but I love its zany, Loony Toons-esque atmosphere, which is impressive considering it is a Japanese-made game. Plus, Luigi wasn't a complete Butt Monkey like he is in the later Mario and Luigi games.

Favorite General Mario Spinoff: Mario Party 2. Similar to the second Star Wars movie made, (The Empire Strikes Back, not the bland prequels.) it is considered to be better than the first in every way, and much better than the later entries. The best part is that this game was the first to wise up and get rid of minigames where you move the control stick as fast as possible. So many poor hands fell to the might of the tyrant that was Mario Party 1.
Mario
Mario
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 858164
Heart Pieces 56
Date of Birth : 1997-10-03
Date of Entry : 2010-11-26

Character
Character Name:
Health Health:
Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 K48fh3115/115Favorite Mario Game? - Page 2 Mjv0r8  (115/115)
Race: Hylian Hylian

Back to top Go down

Post by MenrowSpirit Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:26 pm

That's a pretty freaky theory. Although I don't think the colors of the clothes can really play into effect with the theories, I mean, look at Lttp Link and his beautiful Pink hair XDD

I agree on Mario super Star Sega though! I can't play many mario games cause I'm not very good at them, but that game was so diffrent compared to others it was just so fun XD

However, Mario Party 3-4 will be my favorites compared to your one. Mine is mostly memory reasons though, cause all the games seem alike to me. 3 will be my favorite cause it's like the first game me and Pinky played together that I didn't rage quit on cause she would always beat me XD

As for 4, it's the first game my brothers and I could paly together without fighting and even got my mom to finally try the gamecube x3
MenrowSpirit
MenrowSpirit
DragonMaster
DragonMaster

Rupees (₨) 1712020
Heart Pieces 386

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksanctuarymawile Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 pm

If it's the same game I'm thinking of, holy crap that was a fun game. Though I die a lot in that game like omg.
Can I say Cat Mario is my favorite game? *shot*
But I have to say that I really like the Paper Mario Games, and the original.
Darksanctuarymawile
Darksanctuarymawile
Zora
Zora

Rupees (₨) 415693
Heart Pieces 4
Date of Birth : 1994-12-15
Date of Entry : 2013-01-13
Residence : Dunwitch

Character
Character Name: Azrael (Evi)
Health Health:

http://www.bluepeepswhiteydragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2