Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)
Hyrule Field Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fullmetal Alchemist Day

4 posters

Go down

Fullmetal Alchemist Day Empty Fullmetal Alchemist Day

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 pm

It is on this day, we celebrate not only the story, but the legacy, per say, of Hiromu Arakawa's epic story of two brothers' journey to make themselves whole once more; Fullmetal Alchemist.

As many of you know, Alchemy is a science that involves analysis, deconstruction and reconstruction; Understanding an objects natural components, breaking them down to their simplest form, and reconstructing it as something else with the same properties. However, it is impossible to create something out of nothing. Alchemy revolves around the Principle of Equivalent Exchange - If one wishes to obtain, something of equal value must be given. It is that very law that is the catalyst for the main struggle of our two brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric.

After Ed and Al's father unexpectedly leaves, their mother, Tricia Elric, raises them on her own. The two boys find their way into their father's old study, stocked with books and research material on Alchemy. Quickly gaining interest in the science, they practiced it daily, getting better with every attempt.

Although, things took a turn for the worse. Tricia succumbed to an illness and passed away, leaving the brothers practically alone. Now living with the Rockbells, their friend Winry and her grandmother Pinako, they enlist the help of a teacher. Izumi Curtis, the tough housewife from Dublith. After a few months of training, the brothers return home. Using their new knowledge, they attempt to bring their mother back using the greatest Alchemic taboo of all: Human Transmutation.

During a rebound effect, Edward lost his left leg, and Alphonse lost his entire body. In sacrificing his right arm, Ed was able to save his brother by binding his soul to a suit of armor. Ed is later fitted with Automail by Winry and Pinako and approached by the Amestrian Military. Ed later takes the test and becomes a State Alchemist, gaining the alias "Fullmetal Alchemist". The brothers from a goal; Getting their original bodies back, no matter how long it takes.

So, what do YOU think? Talk about what you like about the series, your favorite episodes and characters, post funny pictures and videos, etc. Let's make this a celebration for the ages!!!

P.S. Easy on the short jokes. It's a holiday, goddamnit. XD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fullmetal Alchemist Day Empty Re: Fullmetal Alchemist Day

Post by Briigal_faerie Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 pm

ok you have no idea how hard I laughed when I saw the site banner... This celebration has officially brought light and joy to my otherwise dull, lifeless day.

as for favorite quotes and such... maybe I'll just post pictures. most of these were nominees for my signature, but as you can see I went with Soul eater.Fullmetal Alchemist Day Kagomeandwinry

Fullmetal Alchemist Day Motivational58-1Fullmetal Alchemist Day Envy-anime-demotivational-poster-1194105838Fullmetal Alchemist Day FMA-Motivational-Posters-anime-19473386-653-439
Briigal_faerie
Briigal_faerie
faerie
faerie

Rupees (₨) 522654
Heart Pieces 6
Date of Birth : 1996-11-23
Date of Entry : 2010-08-19
Residence : Camp Half Blood

Character
Character Name: Brii
Health Health:
Fullmetal Alchemist Day K48fh3100/100Fullmetal Alchemist Day Mjv0r8  (100/100)
Race: Twili

http://www.riverofbloodrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezlo Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:07 pm

This day means more to me now that I've read the entire series. All one hundred something chapters of it. FMA is amazing. I now appreciate it. It blends comedy, action, emotion, and even a small amount of romance. It's a classic to me, and is one of my favorite series of all time.
Ezlo
Ezlo
News Poster
News Poster

Rupees (₨) 777892
Heart Pieces 70
Date of Birth : 1995-11-10
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Heijarchen Hall

Character
Character Name: Ezlo Law
Health Health:
Race: Minish

http://redvsblue.com/ezlo_126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:09 pm

HOW HAVE YOU READ IT ALL ALREADY?! The last volume of the manga doesn't come out till December!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MenrowSpirit Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Because we read them online with fan translations cause we arnt picky
MenrowSpirit
MenrowSpirit
DragonMaster
DragonMaster

Rupees (₨) 1710920
Heart Pieces 386
Date of Entry : 2011-07-28

Character
Character Name: Menrow Skabn
Health Health:
Fullmetal Alchemist Day K48fh3540/1000Fullmetal Alchemist Day Mjv0r8  (540/1000)
Race: Other??? Other???

Back to top Go down

Post by T-kun Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:14 pm

But I am, I don't like the fan translations as much as the real ones, so I'll just wait agonizingly for the next 2 to come out.
T-kun
T-kun
Village Idiot!
Village Idiot!

Rupees (₨) 860688
Heart Pieces 116
Date of Entry : 2010-06-19
Residence : Alaska TX

Character
Character Name: T-kun
Health Health:
Fullmetal Alchemist Day K48fh33175/3200Fullmetal Alchemist Day Mjv0r8  (3175/3200)
Race: Hylian Hylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Fan translations suck because they can pretty much type whatever the hell they want.

I thought I'd post some of my favorite Brotherhood openings and endings.

Opening and Ending 2: Hologram by NICO Touches The Walls and Let It Out by Miho Fukuhara

Opening 4: Period by Chemistry

Ending 4: Shunken Sentimental by SCANDAL

Enjoy. :3

And T-kun, only one left to come out. Vol. 26 just came out last month, and Vol. 27 is out this December.

Last edited by Edward Elric on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by T-kun Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:20 pm

It did? I need to go read that then.
T-kun
T-kun
Village Idiot!
Village Idiot!

Rupees (₨) 860688
Heart Pieces 116
Date of Entry : 2010-06-19
Residence : Alaska TX

Character
Character Name: T-kun
Health Health:
Fullmetal Alchemist Day K48fh33175/3200Fullmetal Alchemist Day Mjv0r8  (3175/3200)
Race: Hylian Hylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezlo Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Actualy most fan translations dont suck. I've compared them side by side, and they're mostly the same, with a few minor differences.
Ezlo
Ezlo
News Poster
News Poster

Rupees (₨) 777892
Heart Pieces 70
Date of Birth : 1995-11-10
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Heijarchen Hall

Character
Character Name: Ezlo Law
Health Health:
Race: Minish

http://redvsblue.com/ezlo_126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down