Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)
Hyrule Field Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knock knock?

3 posters

Go down

Knock knock? Empty Knock knock?

Post by Mario Mon May 23, 2016 3:16 am

...Hello?

No idea if anybody will actually ever read this, but something led me back here, after all this time. I'm so relieved this place is somehow still online.

So yeah, goin' on two years with no activity. Just wondering if anybody else pops in for a nostalgia trip every now and again. I miss the hell out of you guys. I imagine you've probably moved on to bigger and better things by now, both fandom-related and not.

Out of everybody, I only talk to James (Akkiden Mikuo, SilverRevlis, etc. I imagine he would prefer not to go by those names these days, ha.) anymore. I dunno how often he sees any of you guys, but I figured I'd see if I get any replies here first before taking the subject up with him. Though I'm about 99% sure I found Deku...er, Dexter's tumblr, and GOOD LORD his work these days is incredible!

What have I been up to? Well, not a whole lot, to be perfectly honest. Things have been generally as uneventful for me as they were when this place was active. I'm out of high school now, obviously. I tested out a year early, actually. Still gonna be a while before I can get to college though, sadly. Been spending the past while doing odd jobs for some extra cash. I should have a good amount saved up to go next year, or maybe earlier if I'm lucky.

I've also been writing. I've been spending much of my free time planning out this story idea I've had ever since its infancy as an RP I made here once. (It's evolved a fair bit since then, but still.) One day I hope to see it actually realized in some way, which is what I wanna go to school for in the first place. That hope might sound far-fetched, but it's the main thing that's keeping me going nowadays.

Also, this may sound weird, but I still don't have much of a social media presence. I'd like to, don't get me wrong, but it ties into why I'm only just now posting here again after two years: I keep stressing myself out about it.

Do they remember me? Do they still like me? Can I find them? Are their lives going okay? Is now a bad time to just pop up and say hi after so long?

It's ridiculous, I know. But after some deliberation, I decided I'll just start by poking my head around here one more time. If this place is still up, that's gotta mean somebody else checks in every now and then, right?

I do, however, have a Skype and a Steam. So that's something. I'm called "ChairmanAdlai" on both. (Without the quotes, of course, not sure if it's case-sensitive or not, if it is, keep trying. The name's something from my story, I could explain it to you on either of those if ya want.) Obviously, we could always just exchange numbers and emails, at least.

Whatever happens, I just want whoever's reading this to know that you guys have had an enormous influence on me as a person. I wouldn't be half as adjusted as I am now without Hyrule Field Forums, nor would I have even considered taking the path in life I'm on now, as a creator. Yeah, things were most certainly not all sunshine and rainbows here, but the more awkward and mean-spirited events here helped us grow as people just as much, if not more so, than the good times, at least for me.

Looking back, I can see: GOD, was I an obnoxious little shit! And I was even worse before I set foot in the Fields for the first time. Hell, I met Dexter by sheer chance in a Sonic fan character RP chat I intended to troll when I was like 13. (That's where the Mario thing comes from. Never could think of a real handle, even today!) Every day I think about how easily I could have never met you guys. After all, most of you were refugees from ZephyrLink's reign of terror over at Zelda Capital, and I was a random stranger who occasionally popped in the chatbox because you were the only folks who tolerated me. As a result, I always felt more than a bit out of the loop between all the things this site's close-knit community knew more about in regards to keeping up off the forums, and it really wasn't until I started the BEN DROWNED RP that any of you actually saw me as a real site member.

Really should have just bit the bullet and attempted to get in touch beforehand, but whatever. No time like the present and all that.

Sorry, I'm rambling. The point is, I just want to see you guys again, and let you know I'm alive, and I'm doing okay. Hit me up if you're interested. I hope you're all doing fine, too. See you (hopefully) later.
Mario
Mario
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 854064
Heart Pieces 56
Date of Birth : 1997-10-03
Date of Entry : 2010-11-26

Character
Character Name:
Health Health:
Knock knock? K48fh3115/115Knock knock? Mjv0r8  (115/115)
Race: Hylian Hylian

Back to top Go down

Knock knock? Empty Re: Knock knock?

Post by Nova Mon May 30, 2016 4:44 pm

I'm really the only one that still comes around. Which is no surprise since I've many fond memories of the place.
Nova
Nova
Kitsune
Kitsune

Rupees (₨) 1940707
Heart Pieces 34
Date of Birth : 1996-07-26
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Wherever a star dies

Character
Character Name: Avira Nova Von Spyridon
Health Health:
Knock knock? K48fh316690/16690Knock knock? Mjv0r8  (16690/16690)
Race: Other??? Other???

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezlo Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:15 pm

I often lurk here, but don't bother logging in too much. XD
Ezlo
Ezlo
News Poster
News Poster

Rupees (₨) 774892
Heart Pieces 70
Date of Birth : 1995-11-10
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Heijarchen Hall

Character
Character Name: Ezlo Law
Health Health:
Knock knock? K48fh3100/100Knock knock? Mjv0r8  (100/100)
Race: Minish

http://redvsblue.com/ezlo_126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum