Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)
Hyrule Field Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's a good anime?

5 posters

Go down

What's a good anime? Empty What's a good anime?

Post by linkers Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:48 pm

So haven't really watched any animes, and I'm bored so why not. I haven't even seen dbz. I watched a little bit of naruto and didn't really like it. Also, is there any good ones on netflix?
linkers
linkers
Hylian
Hylian

Rupees (₨) 472473
Heart Pieces 4
Date of Entry : 2011-08-12
Residence : Outset island

Character
Character Name: linkers
Health Health:
What's a good anime? K48fh3100/100What's a good anime? Mjv0r8  (100/100)
Race: Human Human

Back to top Go down

What's a good anime? Empty Re: What's a good anime?

Post by MenrowSpirit Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Thats a hard question cause everyone has different tastes in anime, Tp would say Jojo is good, I'd say MKR is good, I'd say not so much jump into animes, but maybe watch some anime movies instead, like anything from Studio Ghibli, or Pokemon or something, cause you may end up not even being a huge anime fan.
MenrowSpirit
MenrowSpirit
DragonMaster
DragonMaster

Rupees (₨) 1707920
Heart Pieces 386
Date of Entry : 2011-07-28

Character
Character Name: Menrow Skabn
Health Health:
What's a good anime? K48fh3540/1000What's a good anime? Mjv0r8  (540/1000)
Race: Other??? Other???

Back to top Go down

Post by linkers Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Well I've seen the first season of Pokemon. I also saw what I think was called hal's moving castle and thought it was pretty good.
Oh and what is MKR?
linkers
linkers
Hylian
Hylian

Rupees (₨) 472473
Heart Pieces 4

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MenrowSpirit Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Magic Knight RayEarth, its a magicgirl/mecha anime
MenrowSpirit
MenrowSpirit
DragonMaster
DragonMaster

Rupees (₨) 1707920
Heart Pieces 386
Date of Entry : 2011-07-28

Character
Character Name: Menrow Skabn
Health Health:
What's a good anime? K48fh3540/1000What's a good anime? Mjv0r8  (540/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:54 am

In my opinion, the FullMetal Alchemist animes are a good introduction to anime since it's got a passing grade in everything. I have to recommend the second, which is brotherhood, over the first but the first one is still ok.
Nova
Nova
Kitsune
Kitsune

Rupees (₨) 1940707
Heart Pieces 34
Date of Birth : 1996-07-26
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Wherever a star dies

Character
Character Name: Avira Nova Von Spyridon
Health Health:
What's a good anime? K48fh316690/16690What's a good anime? Mjv0r8  (16690/16690)

Back to top Go down

Post by linkers Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:51 am

I have no life now. Thanks for recommending full metal alchemist. It's so awesome, but I've haven't done almost any homework for the past week.
linkers
linkers
Hylian
Hylian

Rupees (₨) 472473
Heart Pieces 4

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:56 am

I know that feel, bro. lolololololololololo It was the exact same for me when I first got into anime. I actually haven't seen much of FMA: Brotherhood, but I've seen the original 2003 one quite a bit. Everyone always says you should watch Brotherhood instead, but they say the first one focuses more on the characters, and was able to go on a great path even though the manga wasn't even close to done when it aired. Still, if you like Brotherhood, you really shouldn't miss the first one!

Aside from that, I've got a few that I think are must-watches:

-Soul Eater (I'm debating whether this one is my absolute favorite or not. It's a lot like FMA. It's even made by the same studio, I think.)

-Azumanga Daioh (The first anime I watched all the way through. This one isn't actiony, it's more of a slice-of-life school anime, but it's funny and adorable. If you like this one, also try Lucky Star.)

-Death Note (This one's a murder-mystery-type deal. Kinda scary and violent, but AWESOME.)

-Neon Genesis Evangelion (THE BEST and most original giant mecha anime out there. Still, it's low-budget, a little dated, and the ending is completely F@#$ up, but it's incredibly influential. If you're turned off by where the story goes or the limited animation, try the Rebuild of Evangelion movies. Still, those go on a different path by the second one, so you should probably at least get a summary of the original show's plot somewhere.)

-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Another mecha series, except this one runs on MANLINESS and BADASSERY. In SPACE. With DRILLS. And SUNGLASSES.)

-Eureka Seven (Pronounced "Air-Eh-Ka", not "Yoo-Ree-Ka". Another mecha series, (last one I promise bounce ) except this one is much more character-driven and emotional. Heartwarming. As. HELL. Also, sky surfing.)

-FLCL (Pronounced "Fooly Cooly". This one is completely impossible to explain. It makes no sense whatsoever, the whole thing's a massive acid trip, but it's still awesome. Somehow it makes Evangelion look sane by comparison.)

-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (I'm even sure what genre this is. It takes place in a high school, but there's action and adventure, humor, and a very interesting story. If you wanna see all the usual anime tropes in one place, this is the best bet. Still, there's one really weird story arc where several episodes have basically the same thing going on over and over with hardly any new events happening. Still, it beats Naruto's ridiculous amounts of filler.)

-Full Metal Panic (Has NOTHING to do with Fullmetal Alchemist. Or Full Metal Jacket, for that matter. It's basically a military-centric one, with...giant robots. Eh...sorry. Embarassed )

-Code Geass (Think Evangelion meets Death Note. Throw in mind control, terrorism, a girl who rapes a table, TONS of Pizza Hut product placement, and...even more giant robots. Sometimes this one's pretty hard to take seriously. Still, that's not the only thing this badass mother can do! (Actual line from the dub.))

-D.Gray-Man (A lot like FMA and Soul Eater. Involves exorcism and gothic stuff. I actually haven't seen this one, but I hear it's pretty good. Still, the anime ended before it could get through the manga, but that's probably because the manga keeps going on hiatus anyway.)

Other than that, there's the so-called "Big Three", Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto. Still, since you said you didn't like Naruto, maybe try InuYasha? Also, I would like to recommend Baccano and Durarara, but they're pretty hard to follow, so you should probably watch some others first.
Mario
Mario
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 854064
Heart Pieces 56
Date of Birth : 1997-10-03
Date of Entry : 2010-11-26

Character
Character Name:
Health Health:
What's a good anime? K48fh3115/115What's a good anime? Mjv0r8  (115/115)
Race: Hylian Hylian

Back to top Go down

Post by linkers Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I watched the first FMA before I watched brotherhood. The first one does better until lab 5, and then after that brotherhood gets way better. I might watch soul eater next since a friend told me it was really good.

Last edited by linkers on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkers
linkers
Hylian
Hylian

Rupees (₨) 472473
Heart Pieces 4

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezlo Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:03 pm

The three good ones I've watched as of late are:

1. Hellsing Ultimate - Vampire anime, lots of action, blood, swearing, violence. Kinda badass overall.

2. Sword Art Online - Good shonen anime, great story, art is good, voices are good, soundtrack is worth noting also.

3. Attack on Titan - I'm not very far into this yet, but it's really good. Very intense, so far good story, art and animation are good, soundtrack is good. Kinda frightening too.

So there's my three.
Ezlo
Ezlo
News Poster
News Poster

Rupees (₨) 774892
Heart Pieces 70
Date of Birth : 1995-11-10
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Heijarchen Hall

Character
Character Name: Ezlo Law
Health Health:
Race: Minish

http://redvsblue.com/ezlo_126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:55 pm

If you like series that are less action-y with amazing animation, try Mushi-Shi.

If you like comedies, try Sgt. Frog or Watamote.

If you like romance, try The World God Only Knows.

If you like shows/movies that will rip your freaking heart out and grind it into the dirt, try Angel Beats, Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, or Grave of The Fireflies.

If you like Vic Mignogna, try everything because he is in every freaking english dub somewhere I swear to god.

But I'm no expert. What a Face
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down