Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)
Hyrule Field Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay, guys.

+5
T-kun
Link64
MenrowSpirit
Nova
Deku Link
9 posters

Go down

Okay, guys. Empty Okay, guys.

Post by Deku Link Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:11 am

The site needs much more activity than this.

Remember back in 2010? This used to be a decently active place.

I understand that right now, there's not much to offer. I find it tough to find things to post in nowadays other than an RP or an Off-Topic... well, topic.

But my point here is that we're a Zelda site, and sure, we'll RP Zelda, but we don't do that one thing that is considered to be vital to a forum: discussion. If we do discuss, the topic usually dies quickly. Or it's about a future event in Zelda, and the topic dies once as said event occurs. Or there's a bit of discussion on the event after it happened and then it dies.

I also understand that at E3, there wasn't really anything in store for Zelda at all, but there's still the big things that have happened, like Skyward Sword, the Ocarina of time Remake, and other things.

There's still things we can discuss and talk about. But Hyrule Field's dieing. I really love this website guys, I really want it to keep going storng.

I know that I can't pin the blame. I especially can't with all my time being voluntarily wasted on places like DeviantART and the 4chan of Creepypasta aka Within Hubris.

We discuss on xat plenty. Why not talk here, too?
Deku Link
Deku Link
Third-Degree Professional Zombie Assassin

Rupees (₨) 1588239
Heart Pieces 257
Date of Birth : 1996-01-17
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Hyrule Field

Character
Character Name: D.J. Léhr
Health Health:
Okay, guys. K48fh3123770/123770Okay, guys. Mjv0r8  (123770/123770)
Race: Deku Deku

http://www.hyrulefield.com

Back to top Go down

Okay, guys. Empty Re: Okay, guys.

Post by Nova Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:53 am

Deku Link wrote:The site needs much more activity than this.

Remember back in 2010? This used to be a decently active place.

We were never a booming sight as you said, but we're not THAT far off from what we usually are, but some of are members are just unable to be on due to circumstances, like Mario and his problems. MW might also just be really busy these days, and then there's a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. The site isn't "dying" because people don't want to come on. It's because the real world has brought up things that are more important, so once those things are settled down I'm sure they'll be on as much as they used to.

Deku Link wrote:I understand that right now, there's not much to offer. I find it tough to find things to post in nowadays other than an RP or an Off-Topic... well, topic.

But my point here is that we're a Zelda site, and sure, we'll RP Zelda, but we don't do that one thing that is considered to be vital to a forum: discussion. If we do discuss, the topic usually dies quickly. Or it's about a future event in Zelda, and the topic dies once as said event occurs. Or there's a bit of discussion on the event after it happened and then it dies.

I also understand that at E3, there wasn't really anything in store for Zelda at all, but there's still the big things that have happened, like Skyward Sword, the Ocarina of time Remake, and other things.

There's still things we can discuss and talk about. But Hyrule Field's dieing. I really love this website guys, I really want it to keep going strong.

The big thing here is that there hasn't been much in the news of Zelda, so it's rough for pretty much any Zelda site these days, and as a technical role play site, well that speaks for itself.

As for the discussion, we have a chat, so it is much easier to convey thoughts and opinions through that since anyone and everyone can easily and both respond and get a response. Sure a forum can do that, but it's a bigger convenience for people to do in the chat. We also do have a tendency to get on each other's nerves with certain subjects, opinions, and statements, and that's to be expected anywhere you go from the real world to the Internet, and most, if not all, of us just really don't want to get on each others' nerves since we all do care about one another. But that is the thing, and it's a common problem. People don't want to make other people mad and/or upset. At least that's what I can fathom.

On a different and going back to how it's rough for all Zelda sights with Nintendo not really doing anything Zelda-related. Skyward sword came out as you've said, but Skyward sword was one of those games that it's impressive to the point it gets people all hyped up, and when that ends it sort of dies out. With the 3DS installment of Ocarina of Time, it's still pretty much just the same game, but with updated graphics, so it isn't exactly anything special. Sure it could stir up some discussion, but Ocarina of Time's launch date was about fourteen years ago, and for a game like that to bring up a surge of discussion is going to be highly unlikely.

Deku Link wrote:I know that I can't pin the blame. I especially can't with all my time being voluntarily wasted on places like DeviantART and the 4chan of Creepypasta aka Within Hubris.

No one's blaming anyone since it's nobody's fault. The site isn't dying, it's merely gone into more of a dormant state. Once anything about the next Zelda-related event comes up, that will liven things up.
Nova
Nova
Kitsune
Kitsune

Rupees (₨) 1942907
Heart Pieces 34
Date of Birth : 1996-07-26
Residence : Wherever a star dies

Character
Character Name: Avira Nova Von Spyridon
Health Health:
Okay, guys. K48fh316690/16690Okay, guys. Mjv0r8  (16690/16690)
Race: Other??? Other???

Back to top Go down

Post by MenrowSpirit Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I agree Lzf. I mean, it is a bit hard, yes SOME people have a real life *cough* Others don't and rather just spend all day on the chat and YouTube or Tumbler. It also doesn't help we are a more, goofy, liking the Rp stuff kind of people. Serious discussion isn't our strongest suit I would think. And when it does get serious, someone always ends up offended cause some people can't take jokes.

I don't think its dormant, it's dead. With only really me,lzf,tp,kat,64,t-kun and mw posting anywhere. And when we do, it's rarely outside like lzf said, off-topic and rp. But hell, even those have started to die.

I mean, I'll be hoenst. HF has done so much for me. But hell, if people have no intrest in it anymore, no matter how much we talk about it, they won't do anything, so...
MenrowSpirit
MenrowSpirit
DragonMaster
DragonMaster

Rupees (₨) 1710120
Heart Pieces 386
Date of Entry : 2011-07-28

Character
Character Name: Menrow Skabn
Health Health:
Okay, guys. K48fh3540/1000Okay, guys. Mjv0r8  (540/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deku Link Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:09 pm

It's worth trying to fix the problem. Unless if that's just me...
Deku Link
Deku Link

Rupees (₨) 1588239
Heart Pieces 257

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Link64 Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:13 pm

If I may, I'd like to apologize to everyone on the site.

The honest truth is, the site's failing health was brought to my attention much earlier than this. About a 2 or 3 month ago MS had a small pout about how the site's activity had been dwindling to very little, and feeling a certain debt to the site for bringing us together I set out to breath life back into it as repayment for this all important thing the site bequeathed to me.

And so I began, only hinting it to certain members, and allowing Deku to know only the bare basics of my 'fiddling' for about a month and a half straight, I began to completely and all encompassingly renovate the site from the ground up. I've accomplished a lot whether you believe me or not, but wanting to have something of a 'grand unveiling' most if not all of the work I've accomplished has been stashed away on notepads and in folders on my computer to all be applied and added in one night so everyone could wake up to the reborn Hyrule Fields. This of course would be followed by a personal campaign to affiliate the site through many large Zelda fanbases such as Zelda Universe and Link's Hideaway on the such.

Sadly my work has taken a hiatus as I've had the grand pleasure to personally enjoy that gift HF gave unto me, dear Menrow_Spirit, for almost an entire month now. And I've enjoyed every bit of it! But I do apologize, the private renovation of the site has stopped and will not continue till I return to the day to day of my life in about a weeks time.

At which time I realistically project the finished project to be up and running in about 3 to 4 months time. I hope you guys are willing to have faith in me and allow me this hiatus, all I ask is that nobody does anything rash like attempt to change the site their-selves or leave or anything thinking it's a 'dead site' you know. I promise it will be a healthy site again by the end of the year!

However...if you are feeling a bit impatient and fed up with the lack of activity, I do have ONE suggestion...

Lets arrange a single "No-Chat Day" where the chat is removed from the site. In its place, a link to a new 'General Chat' topic which will act as a chatbox with in the forum where we post general discussion of no particular topic, as we traditionally do in the chat. Naturally such a topic would be erased once a week or so to avoid clutter. Either way, this will put more people on the site itself, allow quick visit posters like MW, Brii, and Espe to get more involved, and encourage additional posting around other places (constantly posting images and videos would constitute spam in a forum topic, so people would instead post them around the actual topics they belong in so more conversation is made on different topics as people post different things pertaining to different topics in the site's OTHER topics! TOPICAL!).
Of course, there would be rules against to many single line posts, or constant chain posting (if you have to post two posts in a row, just edit your first post, right?) that way people's information or questions aren't so easily over looked or ignored like they would be in the chat.
Want a private conversation? This is why the PM system was installed. Viola!
I've seen this done and it works as the massive forums "Zelda's Universe" does it, they have no official chat, and the unofficial chat is traditionally only visited by a specific few clicks.

Anyhow this is purely my simple 'try it and see' solution. I figure it's better than just poking at a dead site and saying...yep...it's dead. Any one agreeing?
Link64
Link64
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Rupees (₨) 798786
Heart Pieces 154
Date of Birth : 1992-05-08
Date of Entry : 2010-08-24
Residence : The Southern Fields of Hyrule

Character
Character Name: Link
Health Health:
Okay, guys. K48fh33200/3200Okay, guys. Mjv0r8  (3200/3200)
Race: Hylian Hylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Deku Link Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Alright then, 64. That's fine.
Deku Link
Deku Link

Rupees (₨) 1588239
Heart Pieces 257

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by T-kun Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Sounds good to me, it's pretty much what we did back at Zelda Capital, if anyone even remembers.
Also, as much as I've been avoiding it, there's this facebook group of gamers I'm part of, and a majority of them like Zelda. I could post a link to this there telling them it's a cool Zelda site and such, I guess I've just never gotten around to it. I bet we'd get at least a few more members from it. Up to you guys though.
T-kun
T-kun
Village Idiot!
Village Idiot!

Rupees (₨) 859888
Heart Pieces 116
Date of Entry : 2010-06-19
Residence : Alaska TX

Character
Character Name: T-kun
Health Health:
Okay, guys. K48fh33175/3200Okay, guys. Mjv0r8  (3175/3200)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deku Link Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:35 am

Go ahead and invite them. I hope they can bring some activity.
Deku Link
Deku Link

Rupees (₨) 1588239
Heart Pieces 257

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnasWolf Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 pm

I go away for a weekend and this happens. . .

I'm all for with everything discussed here. For awhile now, I've always just giggled at the idea that we're a Zelda site yet we never talk about it.

Truthfully, I believe that there just needs to be more Zelda centric events. Like I get FMA day, but can't we have a 'Zelda Villian Week'? And believe it or not, but maybe another RP that focouses solely on the Zelda Universe like Sacred Releam and Grand Sea if it had more Link.

Truthfully, that just my opinion and I'm all for every solution listed here.
MidnasWolf
MidnasWolf
Post ninja!
Post ninja!

Rupees (₨) 676375
Heart Pieces 103
Date of Birth : 1996-08-19
Date of Entry : 2010-07-01
Residence : In my own mess-up wonderland

Character
Character Name: Asia
Health Health:
Okay, guys. K48fh3100/100Okay, guys. Mjv0r8  (100/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkAliceWolf?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by hotboxinit Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 pm

MidnasWolf wrote:I go away for a weekend and this happens. . .

I'm all for with everything discussed here. For awhile now, I've always just giggled at the idea that we're a Zelda site yet we never talk about it.

Truthfully, I believe that there just needs to be more Zelda centric events. Like I get FMA day, but can't we have a 'Zelda Villian Week'? And believe it or not, but maybe another RP that focouses solely on the Zelda Universe like Sacred Releam and Grand Sea if it had more Link.

I call Happy Mask Salesman :0
hotboxinit
Warrior
Warrior

Rupees (₨) 468152
Heart Pieces 133
Date of Birth : 1991-06-23
Date of Entry : 2011-11-25
Residence : A house

Character
Character Name: Nope, Chuck Testa
Health Health:
Race: Human Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:30 pm

MidnasWolf wrote:I go away for a weekend and this happens. . .

Okay, guys. Tumblr_m7l413wMZ11r1klde
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Redsient Tpyosit
Redsient Tpyosit

Rupees (₨) 1751223
Heart Pieces 110
Date of Birth : 1994-04-13
Residence : The Twilight Realm

Character
Character Name: Lumeste
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MenrowSpirit Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Okay, guys. 23856420

This is you MW XD
MenrowSpirit
MenrowSpirit
DragonMaster
DragonMaster

Rupees (₨) 1710120
Heart Pieces 386
Date of Entry : 2011-07-28

Character
Character Name: Menrow Skabn
Health Health:
Okay, guys. K48fh3540/1000Okay, guys. Mjv0r8  (540/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by T-kun Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Link's only ever been in one RP that I was in, and he managed a whole one post before falling asleep for the rest of the RP. It was great man.
T-kun
T-kun
Village Idiot!
Village Idiot!

Rupees (₨) 859888
Heart Pieces 116
Date of Entry : 2010-06-19
Residence : Alaska TX

Character
Character Name: T-kun
Health Health:
Okay, guys. K48fh33175/3200Okay, guys. Mjv0r8  (3175/3200)

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnasWolf Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Excuse my stupidity, but did I just do something great without even realizing it?
MidnasWolf
MidnasWolf
Post ninja!
Post ninja!

Rupees (₨) 676375
Heart Pieces 103

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:00 am

MidnasWolf wrote:Excuse my stupidity, but did I just do something great without even realizing it?

Yes you did. :y
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Redsient Tpyosit
Redsient Tpyosit

Rupees (₨) 1751223
Heart Pieces 110
Date of Birth : 1994-04-13
Residence : The Twilight Realm

Character
Character Name: Lumeste
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnasWolf Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 am

TheTinyImp wrote:
MidnasWolf wrote:Excuse my stupidity, but did I just do something great without even realizing it?

Yes you did. :y

Oh really? Mind sharing it with the oblivious one?
MidnasWolf
MidnasWolf
Post ninja!
Post ninja!

Rupees (₨) 676375
Heart Pieces 103

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezlo Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:58 pm

One of the main reasons I don't come on the site much anymore is one of the reasons most people do, namely, the Xat chat. I only have the "family computer", so I can't spend time on it chatting back and forth. I mainly go on HF on my ipod, because someone's usually using the computer, so I can't use the chatbox. The only place I can talk on this site is in the forums, and people don't really do that anymore, beyond the off-topic section and RPs. So...Ezlo's been disappearing a bit.

TL:DR

Xat's an attention whore that Ezlo can't get with no matter how much he offers to pay.
Ezlo
Ezlo
News Poster
News Poster

Rupees (₨) 777092
Heart Pieces 70
Date of Birth : 1995-11-10
Residence : Heijarchen Hall

Character
Character Name: Ezlo Law
Health Health:
Race: Minish

http://redvsblue.com/ezlo_126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down