Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)

My Little Pony!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Little Pony!!!!

Post by Royoto on Mon May 07, 2012 10:58 pm

hey guys... as some of you may possibly know (or maybe not) I am a huge brony. That's right, My Little Pony is very possibly one of the best shows on TV and I watch it on a regular basis. I'm not really sure what I like about it, whether it be the music, or the characters, but I just can't get enough of it. So post here about all the things you love (and hate) about My Little Pony!

Also... while on the topic. I saw this video the other day (it made me very depressed). I was watching it at like 3 in the morning and spent the rest of the night huddled in the corner of my bed too creeped out to go to sleep.
Royoto
Page
Page

Rupees (₨) 231749
Heart Pieces 6
Date of Birth : 1997-10-20
Date of Entry : 2011-11-23
Residence : Shibuya, Japan

Character
Character Name: Royoto
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Race: Hylian Hylian

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordRoyoto?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Pony!!!!

Post by T-kun on Mon May 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Wow, you start a pony thread with Cupcakes? Nice... nice...
Anyway, I'm in the middle of season two right now and still watching stuff. I think we need to all declare best pony upon posting in this topic, just sayin. For me it's Fluttershy. Because yay.
T-kun
Village Idiot!
Village Idiot!

Rupees (₨) 625638
Heart Pieces 116
Date of Birth : 1996-11-08
Date of Entry : 2010-06-19
Residence : Alaska TX

Character
Character Name: T-kun
Health Health:
3175/3200  (3175/3200)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey guys! Not a Brony, but I figured I'd pop in and see what's up.

I just wanted to let you guys know (and I'm not sure if you've been told this before) that you should keep the Pony posts in this forum. Stay civil about it and try not go too crazy with all the MLP stuff. I just wanna make sure none of you end up like THIS. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by T-kun on Tue May 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Well for one, I'm not fat, nor am I a pervert. Also, there are very, very few people actually like that....
T-kun
Village Idiot!
Village Idiot!

Rupees (₨) 625638
Heart Pieces 116

Character
Health Health:
3175/3200  (3175/3200)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue May 08, 2012 7:05 pm

I don't know which one of those vids is worse.lol!

Anyway, Ed's right, let's try to make this a real discussion topic, and not just reaction images. I'll start us off, I guess.

It seems a lot of people hate MLP: FIM, but nevertheless, the show is actually quite good. I mean, even haters probably turn into bronies with enough pestering, as shown in this video, showing the Five Stages Of Brony Development.

Bronies are usually created through this cycle, so even trolls and haters may be on the path to becoming one of us. Anyway, I'll post my experience.

Stage 1: Denial: I don't really remember the very first time I spotted any ponymania anywhere, but I remember that I simply ignored it at first, thinking it was just a small fad of simply reaction images and nothing more, like the weird Nigel Thornberry epidemic, or Stu making chocolate pudding at 4 AM. I never really thought it was ridiculous, as there are WAY worse things people are in to. This is the Internet, after all.

Stage 2: Anger: I was never really in this stage, since no one was ever trying to convert me, and I never thought it was a bad thing. It was a little strange by this point, and I thought it was a bit creepy at how ponies were everywhere.

Stage 3: Bargaining: After reading the Know Your Meme article and watching their video review of the pony craze, I decided to give the show a shot. Again, I wasn't really annoyed by the fandom, and seeing that I got into anime the same way, I decided I would watch it. Plus, you could always use more positive ideals in life, even if they come from a children's TV show, right?

Stage 4: Depression: Naturally, this stage lasted the longest for me. Since everyone is used to the cynicism of the world by now, sometimes people refuse to accept happy things and prefer to wallow in sadness. Since society as a whole seems to think this way, I was afraid to watch. I would never get past the first few seconds of the first episode every time I worked up the courage to check it out, thinking some sort of invisible, imaginary shithead would judge me from behind my back.

Stage 5: Acceptance: Contrary to that video Ed posted, most bronies are polite and normal, and they just like the show because it's good, and enjoyed the light it spreads through the darkness of the real world. I mean, even normal bronies hate the creepy bronies who act immature and clop all the time. The true fans taught me that there is no real shame to liking it. If you like something, and it doesn't cause harm to anyone else, you should never feel ashamed. Soon, my denial became an aquired sense of pride. I'm happy to be part of such a great community. HAIL FRIENDSHIP. (That wasn't supposed to be a Nazi thing. )

Even C. S. Lewis, the author of the Chronicles of Narnia, would agree with our movement.

Also, a personal opinion on Cupcakes. I really don't think Pinkie would ever kill anyone or anything. She clearly loves her friends, and enjoys spreading smiles everywhere she goes. When her hair turned deflated and turned straight, and she became a darker shade of pink, also known as turning into her "Pinkamina" form, she was only sad because she thought her friends didn't want to hang out with her anymore. Plus, does Sugarcube Corner even HAVE a basement filled with traps, weapons, and party decorations made from pony guts? You'd think Mr. or Mrs. Cake would do something about that.

Lastly, to brighten the mood from those last posts, this.

Last edited by SuperDashBros on Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Mario
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 622064
Heart Pieces 56
Date of Birth : 1997-10-03
Date of Entry : 2010-11-26

Character
Character Name:
Health Health:
115/115  (115/115)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AforceANature on Tue May 08, 2012 8:18 pm

If I may go on a nostalgia run here.

You know what My Little Pony I liked?

The one from when I was 6 or 7, and I'd get the eeny teeny little Pegasus toys and brush their hair and everything and there was the occasional movie with technicolor and an adorable little plot and it was all so desu with computer games and everything. I remember all that. Oh the nostalgia. My friend and I would dress up and pretend to be them and run around and play music and okay I'm getting too wallowed up.

Then I saw it was remade.

Now I don't like it anymore. D:

The avatar is a render by ZeFlyingMuppet.
AforceANature
Third-Degree Professional Zombie Assassin
Third-Degree Professional Zombie Assassin

Rupees (₨) 1354039
Heart Pieces 257
Date of Birth : 1996-01-17
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : Hyrule Field

Character
Character Name: D.J. Léhr
Health Health:
123770/123770  (123770/123770)
Race: Deku Deku

View user profile http://www.hyrulefield.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Royoto on Wed May 09, 2012 7:21 pm

My becoming a brony wasn't in stages, I loved it from the first time I watched it! And my favorite pony is definitely Rainbow Dash
Royoto
Page
Page

Rupees (₨) 231749
Heart Pieces 6

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordRoyoto?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue May 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Dear Celestia. Ponies are popping up EVERYWHERE. So many people are bronies. The fandom has had an effect on everything. We really are unstoppable! xD

Stephen Colbert gave us a shoutout...

Former President Bill Clinton got 3 out of 3 questions right about it on a quiz on NPR...

And one thing I'm sad to say, Anthony Bourdain apparently ATE Rainbow Dash. In a recent episode of No Reservations, he went to Finland and tried horse meat. Supposedly, he found rainbow-colored hair in it. I hope Pinkie Pie wasn't the chef there.

Mario
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 622064
Heart Pieces 56

Character
Character Name:
Health Health:
115/115  (115/115)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King Dodongo on Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 pm

SuperDashBros wrote:
Stephen Colbert gave us a shoutout...
I'm pretty sure he specifically gave us an un-shoutout afterwards.
However this (link here) applies if we're talking about our silly cartoon horse show getting notoriety.
King Dodongo
The Failmonger
The Failmonger

Rupees (₨) 450877
Heart Pieces 51
Date of Birth : 1996-12-06
Residence : Check your pocket. That's me on the dollar bill.

Character
Character Name: Espe *needsabetterlastname*
Health Health:
3175/3200  (3175/3200)
Race: Twili

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario on Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Mario
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 622064
Heart Pieces 56

Character
Character Name:
Health Health:
115/115  (115/115)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T-kun on Tue May 29, 2012 8:56 pm

I have a wall... as my cutie mark... and if I were to stretch an invisible line to my right, it would eventually hit... another wall as well.
So the element of Harmony: Wall.
Wall powers, activate!
T-kun
Village Idiot!
Village Idiot!

Rupees (₨) 625638
Heart Pieces 116

Character
Health Health:
3175/3200  (3175/3200)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King Dodongo on Wed May 30, 2012 8:02 pm

The first time I saw the cutie mark one, there was a Root Beer can on my left. I'll be honest, having Root Beer as my special talent isn't half bad, especially considering the first object on my right today is another can of Root Beer. Not only am I GOOD at Root Beer, but it's the only thing standing between us and permanent grayscale.
King Dodongo
The Failmonger
The Failmonger

Rupees (₨) 450877
Heart Pieces 51
Date of Birth : 1996-12-06
Residence : Check your pocket. That's me on the dollar bill.

Character
Character Name: Espe *needsabetterlastname*
Health Health:
3175/3200  (3175/3200)
Race: Twili

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Royoto on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am

The item to my left is a Window, so I guess my cutie mark is a window and that I'm good at cleaning windows or something?

And the item to my right is another computer, So my element of Harmony I guess has something to do with computers. Yay!

And now for some music!! (oh, and on the topic of music, my fav pony has officially changed to Vinyl Scratch. DJ PON3 for the win!!!!)

And also for some manly tears:

Royoto
Page
Page

Rupees (₨) 231749
Heart Pieces 6

Character
Health Health: