Hyrule Field Forums
Hey! Listen! You have to Log In to be heard! Sign up for all the goodies we hide from guests! (We also hide ads for members.)

A Tale of Souls and Swords

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Tale of Souls and Swords

Post by Black-Wolf on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Kali sat normally with her legs close together, hands on her knees, and eyes closed. She was meditating; she didn’t have anything else to do, there wasn’t an extra oar for her to use. She figured that all she could do right now was to train on keeping a clear mind.

As Robert continued to row, a gentle gust of wind made the hair that was covering the left side of his face to part and revealed his left eye. Three wide and curved scars were going vertically down his eye. Said eye was completely black except for these two red markings, a diamond shape inside a circle.
Robert noticed that his hair wasn’t covering his left eye and he quickly ran his fingers through it so that the hair would be in its original position. For some reason he looked worried, or…more like ashamed.

Naladox sat on a burning roof as he held a villager by the neck. “Bah…humans…why do they even exist?” He muttered before a black pulse spewed out of his hand and went into the villager’s body. A split second later black spikes shot out everywhere on his body. The man instantly went limp; he was dead. Blood dripped off the spikes and fell to the ground. Naladox took a large bite out of the man’s side and drank the blood after he swallowed the meat. He then tossed the carcass into a nearby fire.

Naladox sighed and wiped the blood off his face. “Well, it seems like everyone here is dead. Let’s resume our search for the Soul Edge.” He said, looking at Veenox and Hiranil.

Hiranil shot out from some rubble, a human arm in her mouth. She nodded and climbed out of the rubble with no trouble. “Where should we head to next?” She asked after she pulled the arm out of her mouth. Before she started to rip the flesh off she took notice of Veenox and held it to her.

“Tnaw emos?” She asked.
Black-Wolf
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 277666
Heart Pieces 87
Date of Birth : 1993-11-01
Date of Entry : 2010-12-17
Residence : In a Sheikah village somewhere in Hyrule

Character
Character Name: Kali
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Race: Sheikah Sheikah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Link64 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:35 pm

With a quick hop to the left and a well placed sword, Mitsurugi actually pushed the hammer to the side guiding it into the ground. The force in which it hit was tremendous and his blade actually bowed like weak wood for a second.
Mitsurugi refixed his stance, "Impressive, you seem to hold a lot of skill. But the power that the Azure Knight carries is one even gods fear. What makes you think you can even remotely compete." he gave a quick step forward followed by a slashing sweep for the legs. "This weapon is heavy, it leaves you ROOTED TO THE GROUND!"

Yoshimitsu simply chuckled, "A fox that tells no tales has no tails to tell tales of. I am the leader of the Manjitou band of jovial thieves! But you may call me Yoshimitsu. And what, my spirit friend, is your tale?"

The journey took a few days, but indeed soon mainland china was with in sight.
"Bewarned, their language is very different from ours. Let me do all the talking and we should be fine though." explain Taki.
Kasuto nodded, "I'm use to not being the one talking. Don't worry about it."

Captain Red found himself in the foyer of mansion. Massive portraits of the mansion's owner could be seen everywhere, his name written at the bottom of each one. 'Raphael Sorel.'
The mansion was huge as he walked about with out coming across even a single living soul... He was just about to leave when he heard some one behind him...
Link64
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Rupees (₨) 555686
Heart Pieces 154
Date of Birth : 1992-05-08
Date of Entry : 2010-08-24
Residence : The Southern Fields of Hyrule

Character
Character Name: Link
Health Health:
3200/3200  (3200/3200)
Race: Hylian Hylian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Garrett was way too slow to move away from the attack at his legs. He fell to the ground, but swung his sledgehammer as a counter anyway, hitting the sword on the way up. "I saw that my sledgehammer actually bent that sword of yours for a bit. I fight sources that cause evil in the world for a living. I'm not at one hundred percent yet!" he said, using his hammer to pick himself up from the ground. His stance was weak, because his legs felt like they were on fire from the attack, but he still held his position. "I'm not done yet." He said, maneuvering his weapon to a defensive stance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, I'm fine." Veenox said. She was looking around, hoping that Gax wasn't around. All of this fighting might pique his interest. Still, she put it out of her mind. She couldn't worry about him right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gax, however, wasn't too far from the village he was previously at. He was trying to smell his way to concentrated patches of evil, but he wasn't getting much farther than Veenox and the group she was in. Just where was that Soul Edge...?

Demon Lord Ghirahim
Redsient Tpyosit
Redsient Tpyosit

Rupees (₨) 1508123
Heart Pieces 110
Date of Birth : 1994-04-13
Date of Entry : 2010-06-18
Residence : The Twilight Realm

Character
Character Name: Lumeste
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AforceANature on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Link spotted Robert's mark, but didn't care to question. He didn't want to pry, so he continued rowing. "So..." Link tried to whisper louder to Talim. "Do you know about the evil here?"

"Hmm? Not too much..." She replied. "I can tell when we're near it though... From when I collapsed."

Link nodded.

The avatar is a render by ZeFlyingMuppet.
AforceANature
Third-Degree Professional Zombie Assassin

Rupees (₨) 1345139
Heart Pieces 257
Date of Birth : 1996-01-17
Residence : Hyrule Field

Character
Character Name: D.J. Léhr
Health Health:
123770/123770  (123770/123770)
Race: Deku Deku

View user profile http://www.hyrulefield.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Alex looked up at the ninja with eyes filled with a combination of sorrow and anger after his bangs slid out of his face. He kept silent and tears formed in his eyes and his knife almost slid out of his hand. "...I don't wanna talk about..." He stopped mid sentence in hopes of keeping his cool even remotely in tact, but his efforts were in vain as tears ran down his cheeks. His face lit up with embarrassment and he quickly turned around.

Nova
Kitsune
Kitsune

Rupees (₨) 1699807
Heart Pieces 34
Date of Birth : 1996-07-26
Residence : Wherever a star dies

Character
Character Name: Avira Nova Von Spyridon
Health Health:
16690/16690  (16690/16690)
Race: Other??? Other???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black-Wolf on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Naladox jumped off the building and landed in front of the two women. “Alright. Let’s resume our search.” He said before a huge yellow eyeball appeared next to him and hovered above the ground. He jumped on top of it.

Hiranil’s skin turned red and furry as she morphed into a ten food red bat. She didn’t want to wait for Veenox to climb on her so she gently picked her up with her teeth and placed her on her back.

Naladox nodded. “Let’s go.” And with that, the trio flew off.

(I have permission from Deku to do a time skip!!)

After a few days of being out on sea in a small boat, the group consisting of Link, Talim, Kali, Robert, and Chris, and Apocoliptio (who apparently is Chris’s necklace mind you) came to their destination.

“Agh….finally, I never thought I would be this happy to be on solid ground again.” Said Robert as he climbed out of the boat.

Kali climbed out of the boat without saying a word and started to stretch. Being held up in a small space for a long time can make your body stiff.

“So, where are we?” Asked Robert as he looked around.
Black-Wolf
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 277666
Heart Pieces 87

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:51 am

Chris stood there motionless, as if someone was speaking to him. " Yes sir..."

What was being said? Chris turned to Link and the others, he had a distressed look. "Thank you guys for bringing me here. But...-" Chris fell silent, he than blinked, somewhat trembaling. " I... think it's best we partways.."

Chris clintched his fist, twitched slightly, but just than he jumped off the boat away from the group. He seemed like he was hiding something.

Back to top Go down

Post by AforceANature on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Link looked around obliviously.

Talim took out a small map. "We traveled north. We're probably in Thailand."

"Thailand?" Link whispered. He looked at the villages below. "It looks a lot like where we were."

AforceANature

Rupees (₨) 1345139
Heart Pieces 257

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Black-Wolf on Thu May 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Kali watched Chris run off in silent. She did not have any idea why he ran off like that nor did she want to know. It's his business after all.

Robert put his hands in his pockets. "Well, no use in standing around here. Let's go to the village and see if we can get any info on the Soul Edge." He said. "And restock on supplies." He added.
Black-Wolf
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 277666
Heart Pieces 87

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Link64 on Mon May 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Mitsurugi refixed his stance once more...and then eased.
"That's an incapacitating wound. And yet you stand wielding that hammer as if it's the hammer's will that keeps you standing."
He approached them slowly with his sword still drawn. As if to get a better look at them.
"You aren't a warrior who wields a weapon are you? You're two warriors that fight side by side. The weapon you hold is simply a manifestation of your bond."

He nodded as he put his blade away. "It takes a powerful soul to stand up to the soul eating blade, Soul Edge. I see no such soul in either of you. But the powerful resonance between your souls may very well grant you power beyond even the Azure Knight's."

Mitsurugi pointed West, "I'm leaving tomorrow for the mainland country of china. On my own quest for the Soul blade. If you wish to join me you may. You seem to know a thing or two about living weapons that grow stronger by eating innocent souls. However, get in my way once and I won't think twice about striking you down."

Yoshimitsu patted the child on the head as if he were a lost pup, and in the thief's eyes that's very much what he was.
"How would you like to join my band of jovial thieves? Our current mission is one of much righteousness! In the west there is an evil blade that grew to great size. In the berth of its evil glory it was struck down causing fragments of its evil to be spread through out the world! My men have already left for the mainland of china, korea, and thailand. And I intend to leave now myself tonight! Join me if you will on a quest of great adventure and adversity! Or sit here...cyring...alooooone..."

He looked at the boy in silence as another gear in his arm seemed to click at random reseting something else in his head...
"Namu!"
And with that he began to run toward the a different near by port to grab a boat, moving quickly but still slow enough for the boy to follow if he so wished.

THIS RP MUST ALSO BE SLOWED TILL DEKU IS BACK ON!
Link64
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Rupees (₨) 555686
Heart Pieces 154

Character
Health Health:
3200/3200  (3200/3200)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AforceANature on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Talim and Link maged to get Robert and Kali moving, but the group had lost Chris.

Link looked around curiously. He wanted to explore, and every time he'd go to do so, Talim'd put him back on track. The difference between Hyrule and this place called "Thailand" were astounding.

AforceANature

Rupees (₨) 1345139
Heart Pieces 257

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Garrett let go of his sledgehammer and it disintegrated in white light. "I'd be honored to travel with you, Heishiro." Now that Astra had reverted to her spirit form, Garrett had little support on his weakened legs. He fell to his knees. "You've got a mean sword arm." He said with a chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gax was taking a break. He was staying in a tree, masking his power signature. He had instead started to scan from where he was, hoping that someone would lead him over to the Soul Edge. He just had to be patient, very patient.

Demon Lord Ghirahim
Redsient Tpyosit
Redsient Tpyosit

Rupees (₨) 1508123
Heart Pieces 110

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black-Wolf on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm

After some time, the group of Naladox, Hiranil, and Veenox landed in a secluded forest located in France.

“This place should be good for gathering information.” Said Naladox, jumping off his eyeball before it vanished.
Hiranil reverted to her original form. “Retsam, erehw yltcaxe era ew?” She asked.

“France.” He turned to the others. “There will be no massacures here understand? I know that you want to cause these humans suffering but we need to advoid attention. I don’t want anything stalling us from our goal.”
Hiranil nodded her head.

“Veenox, if you can transform yourself into a native human, I suggest you do it now, we need to blend in.” He said before black smoke consumed him. After the smoke disappeared Naladox looked completely different. No longer did he have those cat-like yellow and black eyes, or the sharp teeth, or pointed ears. He wore brown pants and a yellow jacket complete with a yellow shirt. His eyes were a light brown color and his hair was neatly combed back into a ponytail.

Hiranil went under her transformation after Naladox was done with his. When she was finished here long ears and sharp teeth were those of an ordinary human’s. Her cat-like eyes now looked more human with a light pink. She wore a light pink dress and light pink shoes. A light red flower was stuck in her neatly combed hair; the look of an innocent lady.

“Okay…let’s see…” Robert said, digging into his pockets and pulled out a pouch of gold coins. Normally he carried his wallet around but he still carried gold coins with him in case he ever travelled to some place that takes said coins. “Talim, do you think that these will do? You know, for buying supplies.” He said, showing her his money.

Last edited by Black-wolf on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Horray for discovering typo one week later)
Black-Wolf
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 277666
Heart Pieces 87

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Veenox drummed her fingers against her cheek, then turned around. When she had finished her circle, she looked like an innocent schoolgirl, with black hair and blue eyes. "Will this work?" She asked, straightening out her skirt and adjusting her glasses. there wasn't a Twili trait to be seen. She couldn't however, change her glowing red necklace.

Demon Lord Ghirahim
Redsient Tpyosit
Redsient Tpyosit

Rupees (₨) 1508123
Heart Pieces 110

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AforceANature on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Talim nodded. "That should be fine for now. We should split up, some of us ask about soul Edge, some of us go and get supplies. Then we'll meet here. What do you think?"

Link smiled and nodded, giving his approval.

AforceANature

Rupees (₨) 1345139
Heart Pieces 257

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Black-Wolf on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Naladox nodded his head. “That will work just fine.” He said. “If any human questions our identity…we will tell say that I, 'Professor Bayard', is bringing two of my top students on an archeology trip with me.” He said. “Hiranil, your human name will be Aure. Veenox, yours will be Cerise. If you prefer a different name then you may choose your own.”

He turned away from the girls and started walking. “Shall we head for our next destination, my students?”

When the group spilt up Kali walked over to a local; and asked questions about the Soul Edge. “Hmm…I see…go on.” She said as the said local told her what he knew.

“…Alright…so let me get this straight…these biscuits here suddenly went from three gold to three hundred gold…” Robert said, glaring at the shopkeeper.

“No! They were already three hundred gold from the start! Didn’t you hear me say it? Now pay up or no food for you!”

“You charged your recent customer three gold.”

“I never charged him three gold. He paid the full three hundred gold!”

“Ok, just because I’m not from around here, don’t think that this little scam…haggling…or whatever you call it here, will work on me. I can see right through you, I’m no idiot.”

“Three hundred gold or no food!”

“Three gold.”

“Three hundred gold!”

“Three gold.”

“Three hundred gold!”

“Three.”

“Three hundred!”

Robert glared at the shopkeeper. “Three hundred gold.” He said.

“Three gold!”

“Three hundred gold.”

“Three gold!”

“Three hundred gold.”

“Three gold! Now listen, when I say it’s three gold, it’s three gold! Now pay up or you won’t get any food.”

Robert shrugged. “Alright, if you say so, you’re the shopkeeper not me. You make the rules.” He said as he took out three gold coins and placed them on the counter and took the bag of biscuits. “Heh, have a nice day sir.” He said before walking away.

“Thank you! You too—h-huh?!” The shopkeeper realized what he just did. “H-hey! Get back here! No one haggles ME!”
Black-Wolf
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 277666
Heart Pieces 87

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black-Wolf on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:13 pm

(Hey, I know things have been slow but could someone please post already?)
Black-Wolf
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 277666
Heart Pieces 87

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Link64 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:54 am

In time the ninja duo reached China which like many nations of the time, has been stricken by much civil war between its various warlords. Their quest for Soul Edge began there...

Mitsurugi handed gold to the boat merchant and helped Garrett and his partner into the small boat.
"Rest easy warriors. Fear not, in the time it will take us to reach the mainland, your leg will heal fine. With a strong spirit like yours, I am sure of that. Till then however, tell me your tales. Where are you from and just why do you seek the cursed blade?"

The blond man with sabre in hand struck at the Captain with a swift stab. But he was quickly avoided by the Captain's free winded movements. Unable to get past the man's flurry of parries and thrusts, Captain Ramaru decided in simple sword fighting he was no match for the man who spoke a language he only learned some of from Francis. So instead he decided to land a blow with a well placed KICKED to the chest, and the man flew through the window of the mansion's foyer!

Feeling remorse for his opponent, the Captain was quick to follow and see if the man had survived. And he had, more infact, he was prepared to continue the fight into the city streets. And the Captain happily obliged!
Link64
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Rupees (₨) 555686
Heart Pieces 154

Character
Health Health:
3200/3200  (3200/3200)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AforceANature on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Talim asked around for information of the Soul Edge, but everyone she asked either ran or claimed to know nothing. Link resorted to ripping off some merchants. He'd show them a Red Rupee and they'd mistake it for a ruby. Or he'd show them a Green Rupee and they'd mistake it for an emerald, or a blue one for a sapphire.

They gave him plenty of gold for them. With those, he bought some medical supplies as well as some various equipment. He assumed others were getting food.

AforceANature

Rupees (₨) 1345139
Heart Pieces 257

Character
Health Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:46 pm

"Yes, let's go. I'm very interested in finding more information." Veenox said, straightening out her skirt some more. A sly smile came over her face. She was going to enjoy this very much...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Garrett wrapped his leg, so it would help heal faster. "Where I come from isn't as important as why I seek the Soul Edge. It's impossible for you to see my Astra, but you have a very keen warrior's instinct. You've been able to sense her from the beginning...Well, unless you can see souls, then you'd be able to see her. Anyway, Astra is the spiritual embodiment of a very powerful Minotaur named Sledge. she bonded herself to my soul and now we're partners until I die. All of the Astra have a purpose: to destroy all of the sources of evil in the world. It's a battle we will never be able to win, however, we want to help humanity and that's why we do it. We figured that the Soul Edge would get rid of a large portion of evil in the world, so that's why we're after it." He explained.

Demon Lord Ghirahim
Redsient Tpyosit
Redsient Tpyosit

Rupees (₨) 1508123
Heart Pieces 110

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black-Wolf on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Kali walked away from the first person she interviewed in a huff but still managed to look calm. Did that moron actually think that she would believe all the crap? Nothing what he said about the Soul Edge was true. How could she wasted her time like that?

Robert stored newly bough items into a bag. When he was in the middle of putting a loaf of bread in, he stopped, and looked around. “…Why am I getting this bad feeling?” He asked himself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some time the trio found themselves walking along a path that lead to a huge mansion. “Whoever lives here must have information about the Soul Edge.” Naladox said.

“I hear people fighting in there.” Hiranil said.

Naladox sighed. “Just like a human to fight over nothing…” He muttered.

They were almost at the door when a man flew through a window and landed at their feet.

“…What just happened?” Naladox asked. He was about to approach the man to see if he was ok when suddenly he got back onto his feet and went into a fighting position when a red haired man jumped out of the window.

Hiranil smiled. “Mmm…those two are fine looking.” She whispered to herself.
Black-Wolf
Legendary

Rupees (₨) 277666
Heart Pieces 87

Character
Health Health:
100/100  (100/100)